Tuesday 14 April 2009

End of the holidays

A quick post before its back to work tomorrow :( although its only 2 1/2 days until the weekend again YEY!!!!

On Monday we had planned to go out for the day to a place near us called Matlock, the plan was to go for a lovely walk along the river then finish off with a bag of fish and chips before walking back to the car. Unfortunately we ended up staying in as the other half is really poorly (I'm no doctor but I think it could be man flu!!)

As he slept on the sofa I managed to start one of my swap gifts and a little bit of hand sewing whilst watching 'Close Encounters of the third kind'. I have to admit I have NEVER seen that film before, which the other half just couldn't believe. Not sure how I haven't just never have?

I really enjoyed it and felt quite emotional at the end when the mother was re-united with her little boy that had been abducted by the aliens. We still managed to have fish and chips from the local fish bar so not a bad day after all.

I've been playing around with a new pattern for a bag and its been causing me some grief. In my head I knew exactly how I wanted it to look but after 3 attempts I finally got there. I now have 2 versions of it....a simple one for something special which I will reveal later on, and a more complicated version to replace on of my existing patterns. Its not quite finished to photo graph but once it is I will show you.

OK I'm off to relax.......see you all tomorrow for my blog birthday. Don't forget to stop by, you don't want to miss out on something do you?????? Nope, thought not :)

3 comments:

  1. ahhh I remember when I was about 12, my mom, in her wisdom, took us to Matlock on a bank holiday, I can't remember what we did there but I do remember we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours on the way in - the joy of bank holidays :o)

    hope the other half is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    My husband comes from just outside Chesterfield, so I know Matlock well. Man-flu, oh dear! My hubby even admitts when he has got that. Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the feature, and I hope your other half is feeling better!
    : )

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx