Sunday 4 October 2009

Are you feeling festive yet?

I am, kind of....well I didn't until this fabric arrived that I had bought on Etsy. There is another set due to arrive sometime this week....normally I don't make festive themed items to sell (I have made them for Christmas swaps) but since I'm doing quite a traditional craft fair in December I thought it was only right.

I'm quite excited what they are going to be transformed into, its something new and probably not expected from bagladee....but why not? I'm definitely making one for myself......Oooh cryptic clues :D

This fabric is new to buy in IKEA.....I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it....modern kitch.
If you are wondering about the blogathon (check out this weeks posts below) that seems to be going on with me at the moment let me explain. Normally I post about twice a week.....some times less depending what I've managed to sew etc. On a few occasions I have been known to post twice in one day.
Lately I have been sporadic blogging due to the mahooosive lists I have been wading through and that place that interferes with sewing called "work". Maybe it was to do with all the supporting and encouraging comments from everyone and the lovely presents received by Nicola and Rachel but I have found a new enthusiasm and motivation for everything (sewing related). I have one main list (now just before I write this I'd just like to say I'm going to sound a little kooky but it seems to be working) which is colour coded into level of importance.....I then transfer 4 items onto a small list and work on them.....once they are completed I cross them off the big list (Thanks for the tip Jo).
I'm flying through the lists.....today I am choosing fabric combo's for new bags, now that is exciting!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Emma, I really love the tree fabric and can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling more upbeat now! LOVE those Christmassy fabrics - the top ones are on my wish list - unfortunately I seem to have a really bad fabric buying habit at the mo so am having to restrain myself. That said, I'm hoping to go to Ikea next week so I'll keep a look out for their xmassy stuff! Can't wait to see what you make with them - thinking maybe a tree skirt or advent calendar perhaps?
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and there is Christmas stuff everywhere! That really got me in the holiday spirit!

    ...oh and I LOVE the pillows in the post below! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Ikea print - hope its in Mk when we go away next week...yes I do plan my weekend breaks around Ikea locations lol!!!
    I'm feeling really festivey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing you have bought some Christmas fabric i have a swap sing up where you could use of all of the scraps. Come and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Christmas fabrics! Can't wait to see what you create!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx