Monday 6 September 2010

Houston we have a problem

No power to my studio :( It was working fine on Saturday when I was up there tidying but Sunday morning when I went up to sew nothing.....nada, not a sausage! Oh no!!!

Thankfully I could go back to what I was doing before all the electrics were sorted and used the extra, extra long extension cable to power my sewing machine. C had being doing some work on the shower room down stairs on the Sunday morning but we just couldn't figure out what had happened.

Sunday tea time we checked with a 'plug checky thing' (no technical terms here as I have no idea what its called) to see if there was any current.......there was but only 50volts. How strange!!! C's Dad came over at lunch time today to see if he could figure out what was wrong. After they changed the breaker/fuse to see if it was faulty it was still the same :( then after his Dad had a look in the extension to see if it could have been anything in there that had done it he pointed out to C that where he had screwed the toilet roll holder was suspiciously close to where the cables were placed prior to tiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So at this very second they are both in there chiseling off the tile where they think the wire has been drilled through......OMG if C did I'm very surprised he wasn't hurled across the other side of the room with awful consequences. I shudder to think.

I'll be back later to update.

2 comments:

  1. hey Emma, I hope you are feeling better today - pesky migraines! And I hope too that your electrics get sorted soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek that could have been scary! You can buy a thing from diy shops that detects water or electrical leads behind walls before you drill - might be an idea to get one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx