Thursday 18 August 2011

Sponsor Ads???

Following on from my question in yesterdays post I was wondering if we could have a little chat about sponsor ads?

It looks like I will be giving the AdSense a miss, I don't think it would work for me. Judging from other peoples comments about it it will only earn me a few pence if I'm lucky. So I'm thinking about introducing sponsor ads to my side bar. I haven't quite figured out the ins and outs as yet but I just wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested. I do get quite a lot of traffic to my blog and with major news in the next couple of months there will be substantially more in future months.

What will I be offering in exchange for sponsor ads??? Well I will be posting more tutorials, more giveaways and those advertising will get a special discount code for my website.

So let me know your thoughts, would you consider taking out ad space on a blog?


3 comments:

  1. How long are we going to be kept in suspense?!

    As for ads - I don't mind them too much as long as there arn't too many ie I would hate to have to search for blog amongst the ads. Definitely not the flashing moving pop up things.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I get enough people stopping by in order to justify offering ads! :o(

    I don't mind ads on a blog as long as long as they are not overpowering x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care about the ads as I read blogs in a reader. What I do hate is constant "sponser posts" with "sponsor giveaways", unless those sponsers sell fabric of course. I mean, a lot of the bigger blogs have sponsers and they do giveaways but they sell the kind of things that I make which doesn't make sense to me, advertising handmade in a handmaking community doesn't seem to make sense... I have deleted some blogs from my reader when ever other post is about their sponsors so I think you have to get the balance right.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx