Monday 1 April 2013

Blooming Felt - logo cushion


Remember a little while ago I showed you a sneak peek of something I was working on? 


Well now I can reveal what I was making, admittedly I am a little behind showing you my recent makes but the main thing is that I'm here now :)

My lovely friend Sarah who is 'Blooming Felt' was planning on moving into a new 'Shedquarters' and I thought that one of my felt cushions would make a very appropriate moving in gift. So I nipped over to Sarah's website and borrowed her logo.


I then made some templates and began cutting out the felt letters and flower.



The smaller letters were quite fiddly, probably the smallest text I've attempted with felt. As you can see from the photo above I've just about managed to use pins to keep them in place.


In no time at all (as I love hand sewing) its was all ready to have the back sewn on and a Bagladee tag popped in place.


I waited until I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at the Birmingham NEC to give Sarah her cushion in person as we planned to meet for some lunch. I'm pleased to say that she loved it :)


I couldn't resist taking some photos of it against my favourite chair.


If anyone would like a felt cushion with their company logo on it please do shout up, not expensive at £15 (incl p+p) I have a mini grey one with my 'B' logo on it in my studio.

1 comment:

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx