Sunday 5 January 2014

For the boy contd.....

Firstly, Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2014, lets hope this year is a blast.


Back in September you may have seen this sketch, which then turned into this, and then this....well here it is all finished. 

I used a baby blue cotton fabric for the centre which was backed with interfacing to make it more rigid for sewing the felt to, then added a cute mini polka dot border.


The letters and bear were cut from felt and hand sewn to the cotton.


I just love to hand sew :) 

It was all finished and wrapped in time for Elijah's Christening. 
I'm thinking about doing some more textile pieces like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx