Thursday 16 July 2015

Not giving up

I feel a little bit sad writing this post but at the same time excited of what is to come. I'm just gonna come out as say it and then I feel i need to explain....

I am hanging up my bag making apron for the foreseeable future. 

There I said it, it's out there now! It was never an easy decision to make and of course nothing of this nature is ever final. It's something that has been in the background niggling at me since last Christmas. 

As I've said many times before, Bagladee for me is more of a hobby than it's ever been a business, I did it because I love to sew and I've revelled in the whole process of teaching myself new techniques and realising that I could actually make a good quality bag that could rival some of the best! Life has changed since the start of Bagladee and so have my priorities. I enjoy my day job since changing just over a year ago and everyday is unpredictable and busy which I love. I've started eating healthier and exercising regular. We still have much to do in the way of decorating our beautiful home and I just want to let go and relax and enjoy life in general with Chris (Mr.B). 

I could write a list that goes on for miles of all the things I would like to do in place of the time I would be sat making bags. I just feel that now is the perfect time to stop and take stock of everything and do more. 

I will still keep everything going in regards to my blog, Facebook, twitter, Instagram and my website. I don't want Bagladee to just disappear, you will just see a lot more things about me and my life. I'm going to spend more time developing my brand of gingerbread men as they are so popular with you all. So you can expect some new little bits in that sense. Maybe I'll even get round to making myself a bag! Ha ha.

Way, way back in 2008 I started this blog and opened my Etsy shop and since then I've had the most amazing support and encouragement from you all. For that I cant thank you enough! I never thought for one minute that Bagladee would have become such a huge part of my life and the new friends I've made along the way. As I have no idea where the road is going to take me I'm hoping that you'll join me for the ride.

I've spent the evening tidying up my studio (as always it looks like a tornado after I've finished a bag) so now its all ready to be decorated and ready for a new chapter.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Emma, that's a big step to take but obviously one that's right for you so well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be worth having a look at a biorhythm website or app to see how you're fairing with your circadian rhythms..
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx