Monday 28 December 2015

RECIPE: Cheese biscuits


I made about 6 batches of these cheese biscuits before Christmas, most of them were wrapped up for Christmas gifts, but I did keep a few for myself. They are so tasty and very moreish...so be warned you wont just be able to eat one :D 

I've been asked about the recipe and I am really bad at finding recipes on the internet, scribbling them down in my note book and then tweaking the recipe as I go a long and then forgetting where the original came from. 

So here is the one straight from my note book.....

You will need: 
3oz Butter (cubed)
4oz Strong cheddar
2oz Corn flour
4oz Plain flour
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
(Handful of grated parmesan for sprinkling on top


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius 
Cover baking tray with greaseproof paper
Sieve plain flour, corn flour, cayenne pepper and salt into a bowl
Add cheese and butter (cubed) into the dry mix and rub together
Once combined knead a little and roll into a ball
Roll out onto a floured surface
Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes
Place onto your baking tray and sprinkle with the parmesan
Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown
Leave to cool for 15 mins then you can either transfer to a tin of scoff them whilst warm

Hope you enjoy making them as much as you do eating them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx