Saturday 30 December 2017

Soul sewing

Hello my lovelies, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that it was as all or little as you wanted it to be. For me...it was all over in a flash. One day I will get to take it nice and easy on the run up to Christmas but I'm afraid this year (again) was not...I wouldn't change a thing though, it was lovely. I didn't get to spend as much time with family as I would have liked but still it was nice to see, hug and catch up with everyone.

I have a couple of days before I go back to the day job so I'm taking this time to relax and do some fun (me) things. Yesterday I spent the afternoon sewing, which I haven't done in a few months. One thing that I do know is that I am truly happy when I am sewing. I don't do it as often as I would like but I'm working on that one.

I'm not a one for new years resolutions so last year I decided to choose a word for the year ahead rather than something that I would probably never stick too. My word was "change" for 2017 and boy was there change in my life!!!

This time I'm going to chose the obvious word "SEW" I don't know at this point how but I intend to sew as much as I can in 2018. If I were to chose another word for 2018 it would be "Calm" lol. I think most people would chose that one!!

Its amazing how energised and fired up I get when I've been making something. Its a total mood lifter for me...every time. Its definitely in my soul to sew, I can feel it. And every time I make something new I feel an overwhelming sense of achievement that I just don't get from anything else and almost surprise myself.

I think it was in April this year that I decided to try and aim for the #Make9 pledge you can read my post here. I did think it was a little ambitious considering 4 months of the year were already over!! You will be able to see that there were quite a few changes to the list but it was more to fit what I wanted to make rather than the patterns that I had at the time of writing the list. 

To be honest I've never really kept track of what I did actually make. Until today where I made a list of all the things I have made this year:

1. SOI Ultimate Shift Dress
2. SOI Silk Cami x2
3. PJ Bottoms
4. PJ Shorts
5. SOI Ultimate Pencil Skirt
6. SOI Poppy Playsuit
7. Ogden Cami x2
8. Linden Sweatshirt

So all in all I managed 8, which I don't think is a bad effort. I could actually squeeze in one more if I wanted to but lets not put any pressure on the last few days of 2017....remember "calm".

OK so this is me signing off for 2017.....I will be back after New Year to tell you all about my sewing plans for 2018!

So whatever you have planned, whether it be dressing up and going out to parties or staying in your jammies (I will be doing the latter) have a truly wonderful New Year....here's hoping its the best year yet for us all. 

See you on the other side...
Emma xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx